Women in Business Summit
Women in Business Summit
June 14, 2023 | This is not a women’s issue; it is an economic issue.
June 14, 2023
This is not a women’s issue; it is an economic issue.
Ensuring women have opportunities to fully participate in Canada’s economy is essential for widespread job creation and sustained economic growth. As the most activated business network in the country we all have a key role to play in taking action, making the changes needed, empowering women and fostering stronger communities across the country.
Watch last year’s event below.
Restarting, Reimagining, Accelerating and Recuperating:
Women in the Post-pandemic Era
June 22, 2022 | Virtual
This event featured diverse panel discussions, candid sessions and spotlights on female entrepreneurship, inclusive recovery in the workplace, women’s mental health and transitioning of women into high-demand jobs in high-demand sectors, including recruitment, retraining, retention and promotion.
Manjit Minhas, Co-owner, Minhas Breweries & Distillery
Manjit is the star Dragon (Investor) on CBC Network’s show/series “Dragons’ Den” for the last 6 seasons/years since Season 10. She is a specialist in brand development, marketing, sales management & brewing operations, distribution and manufacturing. Co-founder and CEO of Minhas Breweries, Distilleries and Winery, Minhas produces and markets all types of craft, regular and light lagers, coolers, FMBs, spirits, wines etc. and have sold well over 8 billion pints of beers worldwide.
Panel Discussions and Panellists
Restart: Female entrepreneurship in the post-pandemic era
- Catherine Beach, National Lead for Women in Trade, Inclusive Trade, Export Development Canada
- Jenn Harper, Founder, Cheekbone Beauty
- Jenny Siman, Vice President & Market Lead, Vancouver District, Canadian Western Bank
- Rachel Mielke, Founder & CEO, Hillberg & Berk
Reimagine: Inclusive workplaces in the post- pandemic era
- Emily Brine, Managing Director, Firm Operations, Talent & Culture, Office of the CEO and Senior Partner, KPMG Canada
- Jodi Drake, Director, Talent Management, Suncor
- Becca Mintz, Vice President, Head of Customer Acquisitions, Capital One
- Kiersten Mohr, Founder, Terra Firma Transition Consulting
Accelerate: Transitioning women into high demand jobs in high demand sectors
- Candace Laing, Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, Nutrien
- Rushmi Hashma, Director of Development and Accelerated Cybersecurity Training Programs, Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Zabeen Hirji, Executive Advisor, Future of Work, Deloitte
- Lenna Turner, Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Salary.com
Recuperate: Women’s health in the post- pandemic era
- Jennifer Bernard, President and CEO, Women’s College Hospital Foundation
- Bea Bruske, President, Canadian Labour Congress
- Lynne Groulx, CEO, Native Women’s Association of Canada
- Karla Thorpe, Interim Vice President, Organizational Performance and Public Affairs, Mental Health Commission of Canada
In conversation with next gen leaders
- Anne-Marie Edgar, Chief Executive Officer, Make A Change Canada
- Eyra Abraham, Founder and CEO, Lisnen
- Darby Lee Young, Founder and Principal, Level Playing Field
- Maayan Ziv, Founder and CEO, AccessNow
We have also be joined by:
- Kevin McCreadie, CEO and CIO, AGF Management Limited
- Penny Wise, President, 3M Canada