Canada 360° Economic Summit
Canada 360° Economic Summit
February 8, 2023 | Our Summit features national and international economic experts and thought leaders.
February 8, 2023
Our Summit features national and international economic experts and thought leaders – it is THE premier event for business, government and key Canadian leaders to shape the national economic agenda.
View last year’s event below.
February 9, 2022: Alongside the disruptions caused by the pandemic, Canada is facing several long-standing challenges that are holding back its economic growth. The country desperately needs a bold growth strategy if we are to transition our economy from recovery into strong and sustainable economic growth that will attract investment.
This event featured panel discussions, one-on-one conversations and keynote addresses that has ensured the needs of the business community are considered in shaping the growth and direction of the economy through 2022 and beyond.
Click the playlist button (top right corner) for more videos or CLICK HERE to be redirected to the playlist on Youtube.
- Hon. François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry
- Tiff Macklem, Governor, Bank of Canada
- Nik Nanos, Canadian Public Opinion Pollster, Chief Data Scientist and Founder, Nanos Research
- Farshad Abasi, Forward Security
- Vala Afshar, Salesforce
- Aparna Bawa, Zoom
- Heather Chalmers, GE Canada
- Ehren Cory, Canada Infrastructure Bank
- Laura Didyk, BDC
- Gillian Doran, Aluminium, Rio Tinto
- Deborah Flint, Greater Toronto Airport Authority (GTAA)
- Chris Fowler, CWB Financial Group
- Elana Graham, CYDEF
- Paul Genest, Power Corporation of Canada
- Mairead Lavery, Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Marie-Hélène Labrie, Cogeco
- Scott Mabury, University of Toronto
- Gord McKenzie, Canpotex
- Mark Patterson, Magnet
- Francois Poirier, TC Energy
- David Shipley, Beauceron Security
- Robin Silvester, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Anna Stukas, Carbon Engineering
- Michael Torrance, BMO
- Anthony Viel, Deloitte Canada
Future of the Digital Economy
Canadian companies face constant disruption in digital technologies, whether it’s new platforms, cybersecurity or privacy and data protection. This panel will explore what actions are needed to ensure businesses maintain consumer trust in a period of constant disruption and what companies need to remain competitive.
Canada’s Future Infrastructure Needs
Even before the pandemic, Canada faced a significant infrastructure deficit due to decades of under investment. This panel will discuss what actions are needed to better connect Canadians by moving goods, people and data.
The Future of Inclusive Economic Growth
For the economy to realize its potential and generate broad-based growth, it is critical to ensure Canada is using all of its available talent. This panel will discuss how our country can foster more inclusive economic growth for all segments of the population.
Canada’s Net Zero Future
Growing our economy and protecting the environment do not need to present a trade-off, but rather must go hand-in-hand as countries commit to Net-Zero 2050. This panel will discuss how Canada’s economy can grow while transitioning to a lower carbon future in pursuit of its net-zero goals.