Empowering an Inclusive Recovery
From stories of resilience to conversations about upskilling and reskilling, diversity and mental health, our Women in Business Summit will focus on the ways the Canadian chamber of commerce network, businesses, female entrepreneurs and community leaders can work together to support women in the workforce through the pandemic and towards an inclusive recovery.
This is not a women’s issue; it is an economic issue.
Ensuring women have opportunities to fully participate in Canada’s recovery is essential for widespread job creation and sustained economic growth. The Canadian business community has a key role to play in taking action, making the changes needed, empowering women and fostering stronger communities across the country.
June 23 | Virtual
We want to thank you all for attending our Women in Business Summit: Empowering an Inclusive Recovery. We believe that everyone can continue to play an active role in advancing women’s economic participation.
The Summit is designed to give the Canadian business community and women, themselves, the inspiration and the tools to take action.
The insights gleaned through this event will help inform the ongoing work of our Council for Women’s Advocacy and our National Inclusive Growth Campaign in advancing a gender-inclusive recovery and driving meaningful action to ensure the full participation of women in the workforce.
The event was a day of panel discussions, candid session and spotlights that will harness the creativity of influencers, entrepreneurs, and business and community leaders in sharing and exploring the issues and opportunities that will both keep women in the workforce and further their advancement.
All the video recordings from the day will be available in the coming days.
Mandy Rennehan, the Blue Collar CEO™ & Founder of Freshco.ca (not the grocery store!).
Featured Speakers Include:
- Addie Greco-Sanchez, President, AGS Rehab Solutions, CBRN Small Business Relief Fund Recipient
- Alana Baker, Vice President, Policy & Public Affairs, Hotel Association of Canada
- Angela Behboodi, Director, Government Affairs & Advocacy, Amgen
- Angelita Graham, Partner, Mercer
- Annie Marsolais, Chief Marketing Officer, BDC
- Déborah Cherenfant, Regional Manager, Women Entrepreneurs, Quebec, TD Bank Group & Présidente de la JCCM
- Emily O’Brien, Founder & Creative Director, Comeback Snacks
- Jennifer Cooke, Director of Inclusive Trade, Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Jo Phillips, Co-owner, Jo(e) Social Media, CBRN Small Business Relief Fund Recipient
- Katherine Homuth, Founder & CEO, Sheertex
- Katrina Roy, Area Vice President of Sales, Salesforce
- Kevin McCreadie, CEO & CIO, AGF Management & Co-Chair, Canadian Chamber’s Council for Women’s Advocacy
- Lucinda Chodan, Senior Vice President Editorial & Editor in Chief, Montreal Gazette
- Margaret Stuart, Country Manager, Salesforce Canada
- Marie-Hélène Labrie, Senior Vice President & Chief Public Affairs, Communications & Strategy, Cogeco Inc.
- Max Brault, Vice President, Strategy & Operations, BDO Canada
- Michel Rodrigue, President & CEO, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Nicole MacAdam, Editor in Chief, Ottawa Citizen & Sun
- Nicole Verkindt, Founder & CEO, OMX
- Pedro Barata, Executive Director, Future Skills Centre
- Penny Wise, President, 3M Canada & Co-Chair, Canadian Chamber’s Council for Women’s Advocacy
- Rhonda Klosler, National COO, RSM Canada
- Sheila North, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Legacy Bowes Group & former Grand Chief of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak
- Sloane Muldoon, Senior Vice President, Retail Performance, Scotiabank Women Initiative
- Tabatha Bull, President & CEO of Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Trish Knox, President, TK Events
- Vicki Benoit, Vice President, Aviation Services, Gardaworld