About the Committee
Our Economic & Taxation Committee is mandated:
- To consider and report on matters of federal concern in the field of taxation.
- To formulate recommendations for the implementation of our policies in the taxation field.
- To review and provide input to submissions to the federal government on tax-related matters.
- To comment and provide advice on resolutions submitted by the Canadian chamber network.
- To liaise with the Financial Policy Committee and other committees on matters related to taxation.
Senior Director, Fiscal & Financial Services Policy
Peter H. Harris Q.C.
Related Policy Committees
Agriculture & Agri-food Committee
Our Agriculture & Agri-food Committee is responsible for developing and advocating positions to advance the agriculture sector’s interests both across the agriculture sector and along different segments of the value chain.
Ottawa Liaison Committee
Our Ottawa Liaison Committee meets with senior federal officials, politicians and opinion leaders on policy issues of relevance to Canadian business.
International Affairs Committee
Our International Affairs Committee leads on policy development and advocacy related to international trade and investment issues, bilateral economic relations and responsible business conduct.