About the Committee
Our Natural Resources and Environment Committee is mandated:
- To consider and report on matters relating to national policies and legislation affecting the environment.
- To monitor and review resource sector and environmental issues and interact with government, business and non-governmental organizations on these issues.
- To assess implications for Canadian business of key reports and studies on Canada’s resource sector.
- To promote the natural resource sector through policy work and public relations campaigns for the long-term benefit of Canadians and Canadian businesses.
- To conduct studies and prepare policy statements and submissions on key policy issues identified by the committee.