Mental Health Week: A Time to Invest in Your Workplace
With most adults spending more of their waking hours at work than anywhere else, promoting mental health in the workplace is one investment you cannot afford to ignore. We spend a generous amount of our time in the workplace and a negative environment can have detrimental effects on our well-being. These effects include damaging stigmas, absenteeism and loss of personal wages or loss revenue for the workplace.
It is important to take the appropriate steps to encourage a healthy work environment that fosters support, growth and strong relationships for everyone. It is never too early or too late to start adopting better practices for your employees well-being! Here is a list of the efforts our office has taken to create a more mentally healthy workplace environment:
- We provide a secured, safe office space that features natural lighting, a wellness room and quiet spaces that employees can use at anytime for work or breaks.
- We have enrolled in an employee and family assistance program.
- Our office has developed a psychological health and safety policy.
- All of our employees have completed mental health certification and training.
- Our staff members are provided flexible hours and have the ability to work remotely when needed.
- A healthy workplace is an environment where everyone has the capability to feel well and do their job comfortably. Click here to visit our mental health resource to learn more about the importance of mentally health workplaces.men