Our annual Canada 360° Economic Summit works to mobilize the Canadian business community to apply its ingenuity to find the bold policy solutions needed for Canada to compete in a changing economic landscape.
February 17, 2021 Event Details
- Hon. Anita Anand, Minister of Public Services and Procurement
- Hon. Erin O’Toole, Leader of the Official Opposition
Chuck Magro, President and CEO, Nutrien
Keith Martell, Director, President and Chief Executive Officer, First Nations Bank of Canada
Mairead Lavery, President and CEO, EDC
Tom Gaglardi, President, Northland Properties Corporation
Wes Hall, Executive Chairman and Founder, Kingsdale Advisors
Fireside Chat with Creative Destruction Lab’s Rapid Screening Consortium
- Dr. David Satok, Chief Medical Officer, Rogers Communications
- Dr. Janice Gross Stein, Fellow and Strategic Advisor, Creative Destruction Lab Rapid Screening Consortium
- Jeff Leger, President, Shoppers Drug Mart
The true measure of every recovery is job growth, and everyone recovers when business recovers. This panel discussion will examine the planning needed and steps required to ensure our businesses and our economy can emerge stronger and more competitive.
- Chris Fowler, President and CEO, CWB Financial Group
- Monique F. Leroux, Vice Chair, Fiera Holdings
- Philippe Jetté, President and CEO, Cogeco
Recovering the Hardest-hit Sectors
The COVID-19 pandemic is having an uneven impact on different sectors of the economy. Some industries have adapted seamlessly to working remotely and a virtual world. However, other sectors of the economy that rely much more on a physical presence have been hit hardest by the restrictions put in place. This panel will bring together business leaders from some of the hardest-hit sectors of the economy to discuss how they are managing the pandemic, how they are adapting and what targeted supports and policies they need in order to play a leading role in Canada’s economic recovery.
- Deborah Flint, President and CEO, GTAA
- Jordan Holm, President, Boston Pizza International
- Michael Rousseau, President and CEO, Air Canada (Effective February 15, 2021)
- Tim McMillan, President and CEO, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
Businesses contribute to building strong communities and to addressing social problems. Business leaders are also increasingly putting purpose at the heart of their business models. They are making environmental, social, governance and data stewardship considerations increasingly important to their companies’ financial performance and resilience. This panel will bring together national business leaders to discuss how people, the planet and innovation must figure prominently in Canada’s economic recovery.
- Heather Chalmers, President and CEO, GE Canada
- Jaqui Parchment, CEO, Mercer Canada
- Martha Hall Findlay, Chief Sustainability Officer, Suncor
- Rola Dagher, Global Channel Chief, Dell Technologies
Canada in a Global Recovery
The global economy is changing and Canada must find a new place within it. The reversal of decades of economic globalization and international supply chains will create challenges for a trading nation like Canada. International trade patterns and global capital flows will shift as the pandemic disrupts the global economy. The pull of protectionist policies will grow as countries look inwards to recovery from COVID-19, and the barriers erected during the crisis could be slow to come down. This panel will bring together Canadian business leaders to discuss how the Canadian tradition of internationalism will be forced to operate in a dramatically new global environment.
- Linda Hasenfratz, CEO, Linamar
- Michael Denham, President, BDC
- Penny Wise, President, 3M Canada
- Robin Silvester, President and CEO, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority