Small business is big in Canada.
This page contains links to valuable of tools and information to help your SME thrive.
Tips for Starting and Scaling Up
Government of Canada: Starting a Business
A strategic plan is key. Five steps to consider before operating a business in Canada.
Find the right programs and service for your needs
Business Benefits Finder
Are you looking for support due to COVID-19, funding, wage subsides, or expert advice? Use the finder to help steer you in the right direction.
Exporting, Importing and Trading
Research shows that exporting enables companies to become more productive, by connecting them to different types of markets and different customers. Allowing them to bring about new ways to improve efficiency, become more profitable, innovative and resilient
Financial Support and Resources from Our Partners
- CWB’s new Mississauga banking centre brings boutique business banking experience to Ontario | Canadian Western Bank
- Professional Banking Program from CWB | Canadian Western Bank
- AWS Canada SMB Accelerator: In collaboration with AWS Canada, we are excited to give small or medium-sized businesses a chance to gain access to a three-month digital transformation package!
Join an Upcoming Webinar
October Event Series: Selling to China with Tmall Global, Alibaba Group
Don’t miss this FREE 4-week program designed for different small businesses, with sharing from the Tmall Global expert and Tmall business partners.
On Demand Webinars and Panel Discussions
From Our Women in Business Summit
Women Business Owners and Entrepreneurs through the Pandemic
Watch this session to hear more about the mental health issues affecting women and small business, highlighting the strategies and resources available.
- Alana Baker, Vice President, Policy & Public Affairs, Hotel Association of Canada
- Annie Marsolais, Chief Marketing Officer, BDC
- Michel Rodrigue, President & CEO, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Rhonda Klosler, National COO, RSM
The Next Generation: How They See Future Opportunities and Challenges
Have a listen to this group of young and successful entrepreneurs to provide guidance and inspiration over the coming months and into the future.
- Déborah Cherenfant, Regional Manager, Women Entrepreneurs, Quebec, TD Bank Group & President, Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal
- Emily O’Brien, Founder, Comeback Snacks
- Katherine Homuth, Founder & CEO, Sheertex
- Nicole Verkindt, Founder, OMX
From IR4 Webinar Series
E-commerce: How it evolved in 2020 and what to expect in 2021
- Hesham Fahmy, Vice President & GEM, Loblaw Marketplace, Loblaw Digital
- Leanne Gibson, Head of Industry, Facebook and Instagram Canada
- Karisa Marra, Business Expert, Square Canada
Ensuring a Safe Return to the Workplace, with McCarthy Tétrault and Mercer Canada
With vaccination rates on the rise and public health restrictions easing, planning a return to an in-person workplace has become a top priority for small Canadian business. In this event, we discuss what you need to know when developing a plan for an effective and safe return to the workplace.
Getting to Net-zero: Opportunities for SME Business Leadership, with Climate Smart
Presented by Climate Smart Training Facilitator Maureen Cureton, this event is focused on helping SMEs find profitable ways to prepare for and participate in the low-carbon economy. Given that SMEs represent 92% of Canadian businesses, we are committed to helping more SMEs become climate leaders, reduce transition risk and future-proof their businesses.
Get Ahead with Chamber Business Services (CBS)
Our members can access exclusive offers through Chamber Business Services! Whether you’re looking to reduce expenses, connect with other small businesses or access services needed to break into new markets, being our member gives you a distinct advantage.
- Anova Energy: Meet your carbon emission obligations under federal or provincial/territorial regulations.
- Canadian Chamber Insurance Services: Business insurance, group home, auto and travel insurance and directors and officers liability insurance.
- Chamber Get Kleanr Program: Discounted daily sanitation, porter services, emergency anti–viral fogging services and COVID preventative microbial shield Zoono services.
- Chamber Printing Program, with Advertek: Discounted printing services, promotional materials, bindery and finishing, digital printing services, car wraps and more!
- Chambers Shipping Program, with Freightcom: Members can save anywhere from 70-75% on what they would normally pay for a shipping courier. Freightcom’s platform will save you money and time and easily integrates with ecommerce solutions.
- Elavon Payment Processing Program: Exclusive offers on payment processing solutions, including the ability to accept payments online, in-store or on-the-go with Converge®, an all-in one ecommerce solution.
- ESSO: 3.5 cents/litre off the posted pump prices at ESSO and Mobil-branded stations across Canada.
- Cyber Security and Small Business
- Managing Mental Health As A Canadian Business Owner Through COVID-19
- Disrupting Ransomware in Canada