Our webinars for small business are specifically tailored to share knowledge, updates on industry trends and best practices.
Getting to Net Zero: Opportunities for SME Business Sector Leadership
June 30 | 1:00 p.m. ET to 2:00 p.m. ET
This webinar is presented by Climate Smart Training Facilitator, Maureen Cureton, and will focus on how the SME sector is finding profitable ways to prepare for and participate in the low-carbon economy.
Given that SMEs small-to-medium size enterprises (SMEs) represent 92% of Canadian businesses, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce recognizes the significant business, economic and environmental impact potential of helping more SMEs become climate leaders, reduce transition risk and future-proof their businesses.
Topics to be discussed:
- SME sector role in climate leadership action in Canada; Climate Smart businesses.
- What’s driving businesses towards carbon neutrality and measuring their carbon footprint?
- How do businesses measure & manage their carbon footprint?
- What should I measure and why? International standards, climate accounting protocol and process.
- What are examples of SMEs that are finding innovative and profitable ways to demonstrate climate leadership (using Chamber member examples: e.g. The Musket, John Brooks, Platinum Pro).
- What’s “net zero”? What does it mean to achieve net zero carbon emissions?
- Who’s pursing it (business and governments) and why it’s important.
- Carbon offsets – part of the net zero solution.
Long Road to Recovery: COVID’s Impacts on the Events Sector
July 7 | 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
As the economy slowly reopens, issues and challenges will continue to persist in the hardest hit sectors.
The events sector is expected to be one of the last sectors to reopen and recover, and the ongoing impacts are being felt not only in the events sector but also in other sectors that work very closely alongside this sector. With uncertainty around when professional and personal events can return, and what capacity limits will be, businesses will continue to grapple with challenges over the summer, fall, and beyond.
Moderator: Alla Drigola, Policy Director, Parliamentary Affairs and SME Policy the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Wendy Paradis, President, Association of Canadian Travel Agencies
- Tony Elenis, President and CEO, Ontario Restaurant Hotel and Motel Association
- Michael Wood, CMO and Managing Partner, Ottawa Special Events
- Lesley Plumley, President and Lead Designer & Planner, LP Events/Alberta Live Events Coalition and Founder/Chair, Alberta Live Events Coalition
Understanding the Retail Landscape and Opportunities in China with Alibaba Group’s Cross-Border B2C Platform: Tmall Global
July 8 | 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
Rising consumer spending power and enthusiasm for online shopping are driving businesses to tap into China. With 800 million+ monthly mobile active users in the ecosystem, Alibaba Group’s cross-border B2C platform, Tmall Global, is building the future infrastructure of cross-border commerce to help merchants, brands and small businesses in the United States to reach and engage with Chinese consumers.
Join us to understand the retail landscape and opportunities in China, and how to enter and succeed in the market through China’s largest B2C cross-border e-commerce platform, Tmall Global.
2021: A Year of Economic Recovery, with RBC
July 13 | 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET
We’re hosting a conversation you do NOT want to miss with Dawn Desjardins, Vice President and Deputy Chief Economist at RBC.
Growing vaccination rates have allowed countries to reopen. Consumer and business confidence has improved, teeing up economic growth to accelerate in the second half of the year. Moderated by our Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of Policy, Trevin Stratton, we will discuss:
- Inflation: picked up in the spring and the key question for the Bank of Canada is whether this will prove temporary or have more staying power.
- Labour market conditions: are much improved but challenges remain for those hardest hit by the pandemic.
- U.S. economy is on a strong recovery path: what will this mean for Canadian exports and business investments?
- What’s the outlook for interest rates and Canadian dollar over the next 18 months?
Canadian Survey on Business Conditions Discussion | June 25
We have produced business insights throughout the pandemic in collaboration with Deloitte Canada. We will both present our analysis of the Q2 results of the Canadian Survey on Business Conditions – an innovative Statistics Canada product of over 15,000 Canadian employers.
Working Together for Community Recovery, with Suncor | June 16
As Canadian communities emerge from the pandemic, businesses have a role to play in working alongside community leaders and organizations to revive local economies and help citizens reconnect. What are the opportunities for businesses and communities to come together to address the impacts of the pandemic, recover and build a stronger Canada?
Hear the leaders from Suncor and the Suncor Energy Foundation, Community Foundations of Canada and the Mikisew Group of Companies on their reflections on how they worked with communities and businesses during the pandemic response, what they learned and a discussion about the opportunities ahead.
Canada’s 5G Revolution, with PwC Canada | May 20, 2021
Both connectivity and Industry 4.0 will be critical to Canada’s long-term economic success. While Industry 4.0 will drive productivity, efficiency and flexibility across the economy, it will rely on advanced connectivity networks such as 5G. All industries will feel the effects of the shift to 5G, with the transformation going far wider and deeper than we appreciate. It will become the underlying fabric of an ecosystem of connected intelligent devices capable of overhauling business processes and accelerating innovation, while further blurring industry boundaries.
Recording will be available shortly.
COVID-19 and Industry: Conversation with the President of the Public Health Agency of Canada | April 20
Fireside chat with our President and CEO, Perrin Beatty and the President of the Public Health Agency of Canada, Iain Stewart, on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include vaccination, return-to-work, borders and other emerging issues.
Recording will be available shortly.
Applied Research: Supporting a Business-led Recovery | April 1
As Canadian businesses look beyond the COVID-19 pandemic and toward recovery, many will want to revamp or re-tool their operations.
Anyone Can Be a Victim: How to Protect Your Business | March 30
TD experts will provide strategic advice for business owners looking to manage fraud risks while evolving to paperless solutions.
Recording will be available shortly.
Leading with Trust | March 18
Studies show that trust is currently eroding across all sectors of our society. And people are seeking out peers and leaders for trusted guidance and opinion. Executives who embrace trust as a lens through which to make decisions regarding their people, their boards and their impact on communities can create a more resilient, productive and thriving organization.
Government Support Programs and Tax Planning Strategies | March 9
An overview of key government programs and recent changes and updates to tax rules affecting businesses.